Intelligent man overboard system
Liberty of movement is part of the boating experience. Moving around unobstructed, talking to everyone, getting something to eat or drink if you’re hungry all add to the joyful experience of a day at sea. Until now, a corded kill switch has limited this possibility for the person in charge of navigation. The kill switch, more precisely the cord on the old kill switch – has been an obstacle. As so often happens, many have gotten rid of this obstacle, to increase flexibility.
MOB+ allows you to have both, safety and freedom, 100%. Wear the xFOB on your wrist or in your pocket, it’s up to you. What matters is that you wear it. All the time. In that way you and those with you will be safe at all times.
With the Fell Marine MOB+ Basepack
you get a MOB+ xHUB with connection cables and antenna to mount in your boat, an xFOB to wear as you like, butt splices for cable connections and User Manual. Choose to combine the MOB+ Basepack with either or both of the xBAND and xTAG. You can also add additional xFOB to your system if you have several user of your boat.
Your personal safety guard
The corded kill switch is rarely used as it ties you to a very limited space onboard. With MOB+ Wireless Cut-Off Switch you regain freedom – without losing safety. The xFOB is your personal safety guard at sea. Being placed in the accompanying xBAND or xTAG (sold separately), the xFOB unit does not inhibit any movement or motion. Should you fall into the water the engine(s) will stop in just one second.
In the zone
As long as you stay within wireless range you are free to drive your boat and move about as you feel like. Just relax as MOB+ cares for you if a MOB Event should occur.
In the water
If you were to fall overboard and still be within the wireless range of MOB+, rest assured that the engine will stop anyway because the xFOB gets submersed in water, breaking the wireless signal.
Out of range
If you get out of the wireless range of MOB+, whether by falling overboard in the water or going away from your boat on the docks, the engine will stop.
How it works
As you step aboard your boat, press the xFOB to connect to the xHUB. A green light and an audio signal will confirm the connection and the engine can be started. Should a fall over board occur the engine will be shut down, caused by the xFOB being under water or more than 50 feet from the xHUB. 6 seconds after shut down passengers can restart the engine to save the person in the water. When leaving the boat press the xFOB once to disconnect.
Up to 20 xFOBs can be stored per xHUB (if more than 20 are paired the first ones which were paired will be deleted). Only one xFOB is connected at a time, but various users of the same boat can have their personal xFOB for when they are using the boat.
Fell Marine MOB+ Basepack Features:
Fell Marine MOB+ xHUB Features:
- Stops your boat as soon as you fall overboard or out of signal range
- 12-24v compatibility
- 4D Antenna diversity for optimal wireless connection
- Automatic Man-Over-Board detection and engine shut down
- Universal installation on most engine brands
- User friendly
- Ideal for boats up to 40ft
Fell Marine MOB+ xFOB Features:
- Light and sound alarm
- Stop button
- IP67 1 meter water resistant
- Easy universal installation
- FCC Certified
Fell Marine MOB+ Basepack Specifications:
Measurements and performance
- 300 hours battery life
- Button to connect/disconnect
- Fits in wristband or pocket
- IP68 3 meter water resistant
- FCC Certified
- Weight: 10g
- Housing material: ASA / TPU / POM
- Temperature range: Fro -15°C to 55°C
- Voltage Source: Coin Cell Battery - 3V nominal
- Power consumption: 0,3 µA in sleep (0,00033 W) 30 mA in active mode (0,098W)
- Battery life: 300 hours continous usage
Battery MOB Unit
- Frequency area: 915 MHz FCC (US vers.)
- RF signal (in): 10 dBm max.
- RF signal (out): 10 dBm max.
- 4D Antenna diversity: Yes
- Battery type: CR2032
- Battery voltage: 3V lithium battery
- Immersion MOB Unit: IEC 60945, IP68, Martime/CE - 3 meters water resistant
- RoHS (2002/95/EC) compliant materials: Yes
What's in the Box:
Total Length: 228mm
Antenna Length: 166mm
- Dimensions: xFOB
- 1x MOB+ xHUB
- 1x MOB+ xFOB
- 1x Connection Cable
- 4x Butt Splices
- 1c External Antenna