Fantastic clarity and target separation
Ideal for medium to larged sized trailer boats, the Furuno FCV-588 8.4" Colour LCD Fishfinder
features an enhanced sunlight viewable, polarised-friendly bonded 8.4" LCD display and uses the revolutionary RezBoost technology that increases resolution and improves target separation. This package comes complete with an Airmar P66 transom mount transducer for the best performance. This package comes complete with a Depth, Speed and Temperature Airmar P66 Transducer.
RezBoost is a revolutionary new signal processing technology that improves resolution and target separation when using conventional narrowband transducers. Spot individual game fish surrounding bait balls, as well as fish close to the seabed. Not only can you expect higher resolution and crisper visuals, but also improvements in the ACCU-FISH function.
With RezBoost technology, the resolution is increased, leading to sharper and more defined echoes. Thanks to this increase in resolution, the accuracy of the ACCU-FISH function is also improved. ACCU-FISH is very useful when you need to determine fish size, but also has the added benefit of making fish echoes more visible when viewed from a distance. With ACCU-FISH you can spot individual fish echoes even from the deck on your vessel.
Recognise individual or multiple fish instantaneously with ACCU-FISH! In order to assess individual fish size, echo returns are evaluated based on strength and turned into fish size display on screen. ACCU-FISH can detect fish size from 10 to 199 cm, in depths of 2 to 100 m. The fish mark can be utilised to display individual fish echoes when they are detected. It helps you to identify fish echoes for a more engaging fishing experience. Fish marks are selectable from either a circle or square, as well as, two fish symbols. The fish symbols, displayed in two different sizes (Large: over 50 cm, Small: 10 to 49 cm), are a great help for anglers when identifying individual fish. The circle and square symbols identify individual fish without hiding the underlying echo.
Bottom Discrimination Function
FCV628's Bottom Discrimination function enables the fishfinder to indicate whether the bottom is composed mainly of rocks, gravel, sand or mud. It provides you with valuable information that helps you locate rich fishing grounds and boost your catch of the day. The White Line function distinguishes fish from the seabed. This function is useful for discriminating bottom fish as well as judging fish school density.
With the FCV-588’s Fish Alarm function, when fish echoes appear in an area preset by the user, the FCV-588 will sound a loud alarm and display an alarm icon on-screen. The integrated alarm can also be set to be triggered by specific conditions for water depth, target depth, water temperature, bottom type and more. You never have to miss a target again!
The Airmar P66 is the best performing and most popular, transom-mount, TRIDUCER Multisensor in the market for many reasons. Foremost, the 50 kHz and 200 kHz, oversized, ceramic element produces focused beams, highlighting detail in the water column and in the bottom structure.
Furuno FCV-588 8.4" Colour LCD Fishfinder Features:
Furuno FCV-588 8.4" Colour LCD Fishfinder Specifications:
- Improved clarity and resolution that was previously impossible with conventional narrowband transducers has been made possible thanks to the new RezBoost technology
- ACCU-FISH - A unique fish size analyser based on the latest digital technology
- Bottom Discrimination - Analyses bottom structure. Provides an at-a-glance recognition of bottom composition with four types of graphical displays - Rocks/Sand/Gravel/Mud - when connected to a supported thru-hull or transom mount transducer
- White Line feature - Discriminate fish lying near the bottom. The top edge of the bottom echo is displayed in white to clearly show bottom structures. This feature helps to discriminate between weeds and bottom fish
- Configurable Alarm function (depth, fish echoes, etc.)
- Furuno's TLL (Target Lat/Lon) output allows you to interface the FCV-588 with your Furuno chart plotter so that you can mark fishing grounds with various information (L/L, Depth, Water Temp, Fish size and Bottom type) (Chartplotter required)
- Fast transmission rate of 3,000 PRR (Pulse Repetition Rate) per minute (at 5 m depth range)
Airmar P66 Transom Mount Transducer Features:
- Display unit: 8.4" TFT colour LCD
- Pixel number: VGA 480 x 640
- Frequency: 50 and 200 kHz
- Transducer: 600 W/1 kW (not included)
- Range Scale: 2-1200 m
- Pulselength & PRR: 0.04 ms-3 ms, Max 3,000 pulse/min
- Display Mode: Single frequency (50 or 200 kHz), Dual-frequency, Zoom, Nav data, A-scope, Marker zoom, Bottom zoom, Bottom-lock, Bottom
- Discrimination, ACCU-FISH, RezBoost
- Waterproofing: IP56
- Power Supply: 12-24 VDC: 1.2-0.6 A
- Size: 270 (H) x 233 (W) x 158 (D)
Bracket Mount: 2.3 kg
Flush Mount: 1.6 kg
Airmar P66 Transom Mount Transducer Data Sheet
- Depth, speed and temperature in one housing
- Plastic kick-up bracket
- Accommodates transom angles between 2° and 20°
- Recessed waterflow channel protects paddlewheel Transducer can be removed from bracket without the use of tools for easy service and storage
- Boat Size: Up to 12 m (40’)